We made it home! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
folivier

Default We made it home!

We flew into Tampa Saturday morning, Steve Mitchell with Parliament picked us up at the airport. Did the final walk-through, signed the papers and drove out about 11:30. Went to wal-mart to pick up groceries and other stuff. Headed out, drove to between Lake City and Tallahassee and spent the night at Yogi-Bear Campground. Saw a great fireworks show! Left about 7:30 am and got home about 6:30pm.
Only had 1 mishap, the right side wiper quit working. Looks like the spline on either the wiper or shaft are worn. Tried twice to tighten then just took it off. Had rain about half of the trip.
I'm tired but not as bad as if I were driving the Suburban.
I'll have more questions and observations in the coming days. Please bear with me on the "dohh" questions.
Just went through our notes: 8.1mpg driving 62-64 mph. Ran the generator about 12 hours and used 8 gallons (separate tank for generator).

1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
encantotom

very cool.

i have sent you my phone number, call anytime. or post questions here and we will help you. your coach is very similar to mine and i know you will love it.

i can help you spend a ton of money....lots of cool things to buy

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Richard and Rhonda

Congrats.

What were you initial impressions after driving and sleeping in it? One of the first things I noticed was how quiet it was inside at night. I have boonied at many rest stops, and never hear the trucks come and go.

I just finished working on my wiper system. It may not be the arm connection to the spline. I am PMing you with my cell. Call me and I'll walk you through what I did.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
fulltiming

Forest and Cindy, great to have another Newell owner in the group. You might want to verify your coach number. A 1993 should be in the number range of ~#308-338. I know that #305 was a 1992 and #341 was a 1994. Based on the number you listed, I would guess your coach is number 317. Your coach number should be the last three digits of the VIN. The VIN should start with 1N9 followed by 3 digits for the length and then end with the last three digits as the VIN. Newell skipped from coach 816 to coach 1200 in 2007.

On the wiper issue, there are several potential causes for one the electric wipers to stop working. 1) Corrosion or rust on that wiper pilot shaft. 2) Loose nut on that wiper drive shaft allow it to slip. 3) Worn spline on that wiper drive shaft. 4) Loose nut on that wiper drive arm inside of the coach. 5) Burned out wiper motor or dead spot in the motor windings. 6) Bad power or switch control wire to that specific motor.

As I am sure you have noticed, those are completely independent wiper motors, each with a mind of its own. They are made by Bosch and are EXTREMELY expensive. If the coach has been in Florida very long sitting outside, my money would be on the corrosion/rust on the pilot shaft. Richard has recent experience with that issue.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
Neweller

Congratulations Forest and Cindy, glad you arrived home safely with your Newell you are part of the family now. Its exciting to have you on board with us. PM me if I can be of any help as well.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
NewellCrazy

Welcome to the best Newell website dedicated to Newell Owners. Share with us about your Newell travels and experiences. I'll do the best I can to help in any way.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote