Installing Seat Belts for the Sofa - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
Flydrifter

Default Installing Seat Belts for the Sofa

Looking for any information on installing Seat Belts in the sofa. The sofa has openings between the back and seat for them to come out. When I talked to the factory originally, they assured me they would be rolled up under the sofa, waiting to be used, no so. Looking in the bays below, it appears that a simple drill through with a good backing plate would be sufficient. However, this is an item I have not found addressed, maybe because of "Liability Issues" in this Litigious Society.

Thanks
Ray
1996, Newell #420
Tulsa, OK

Flydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
rheavn

Ray,
You made me look to see if my sofa had seat belts. Yup. Just like Newell said there were two sets rolled up underneath. They are secured to the floor of the slide using 3/8" bolts. Just remember to know what is between where you start to drill & where you want to come out. I mention this as I have found in my coach there are areas with layers of flooring with water lines in between.