2002 Newell 4 Slide in Knoxville - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
folivier

Default 2002 Newell 4 Slide in Knoxville

Anybody looking for a bargain?

2002 Newell Custom Coach 4 Slider For Sale In Knoxville TN 37931 - Karns Motor Company

1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Neweller

I'm thinking I may have seen this coach quite a while back, like 8 years ago at a Nascar event and I'm trying to pin down the driver/owner.Not sure if it was Waltrip? anybody know?

I would have to believe it is another quad slide priced really right. Personally I would throw in some brighter colors as there is a little too much dark color. And it has the 60 series!Which I prefer.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
folivier

Priced right???? That's the lowest price I've seen on one of that vintage. But who knows the condition without a close look. Just thought someone might be interested. If my house would ever sell............
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

Old 09-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
afrench45

I think that is a steal for that coach! My guess is you could put $30k into it to have everything working in proper order and I think you'd still be in it cheap
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
Neweller

Forrest, it's definitely priced right and Andrew is right about what 30k could do for it. Of course if the mechanicals are up to snuff. The wife and I could jazz it up for a little change.

Andrew, you have said you could go for a Quad? Unless the miles are too high for you? I may have to check it out myself.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 09-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
BOB & ANN YOUNG

I have read on here where you have mentioned how prices are all over the place and that is exactly what we are seeing. Why do suppose that is?
BOB & ANN YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
afrench45

Miles are not too High for me.... I've got 190k! Decide against a quad and opted for a new boat! The coach could be lightened up... By booth is a dark purple now and I'm fixing to recover it with bright red, I think that'll make a difference. We also just have lights on and windows up a bunch.

if anyone is interested though, I think a call to the factory would be beneficial. I'm sure they know the coach and may know if its gonna need more than cosmetic work (ie black mirror painted to match)
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
FJGuard

Nice coach but it's a little dark. Needs some color!
FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #9
Neweller

My wife says she could doll it up beyond belief for a small investment and that when she was done would look better than half of the ones we have seen at twice the price. She has already designed it in her head with total visualization lol. But its good though. I can tell she misses being a designer.

-Bob Marley
Old 09-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
Gone Busing

Can't imagine this one sticking around the lot long. I realize the economy is a turd but this seems like an extremely good deal.

folivier, thx for posting.

Comparing Luxury Motor Coaches
Gone Busing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #11
Cheri Smith

Out of our price range but it sure is a pretty coach! It just needs a little TLC!

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #12
Gax

Bob with the economy in the crapper like most of us realize makes for great prices on used luxury items. I have to believe pricing will continue to plummet as only the real wealthy or celebrities are buying the brand new newells and with financing pretty much nil we have to scrape up our last pennies to rip a great deal on one of these bad to the bone coaches. Just like in the real estate market.

Want to go havies on this one???
Gax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #13
darstlawfirm

FWD: I just wanted to give you a heads up on the 2002 quad slide newell in knoxville Tn. If you could pass this on to the membership, it might save members from a long trip and wasted travel money like i just spent. I am familliar with newells as my father owned a 2004. I drove there last nite and met with Rob at dealership this morning. Spent the day there. This newell is with out a doubt, the worst shape motorhome i have ever seen of any type. There is delamination that you can put your fingers through on all four slides upper and lower skins. All 4 slide seals are not funtional. Two seals are completly MISSING, and torn off. Coach has not been aired up in a year or plugged in, so you can imagine the flood damage. Water pouring in everywhere Black mold on all interior walls creeping up three feet or more by drivers seat, under dining table, in bedroom, and on all floors, under all wallpaper. Wood rot on most walls and under all slide floors. Water intrusion in celiing from gen stack leak. ALL Batteries toast. Tires 2005 and bad dry rot. Body damage and missing trim EVERYWHERE. One invertor fried, dash a/c non funtional and they even took the belt off the engine. Oil leak. Hyd fluid leak from hwh. Windshield cracked in multiple places, aqua hot non functional, keyless broken, cannot access two bays, front ac not working, ceiling cracks, and so on and so on. I think you get the idea. I called newell for 30 min and talked. They say $120k and 3 months just for water damage, delam, wood rot, new slide seals, not to mention the other 200 things wrong who knows how much more $$$$$. The buy it now is $148k. Its not worth $20k and I didnt offer anything. The coach is basically totaled, more to fix than its worth. It made me sick to see how that beautiful coach was treated!! The driver who occupied it was Tomas Scheckter / panther racing.......Shame!!

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.....
darstlawfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 AM   #14
RussWhite

What a shame! I summer near Knoxville and had wondered if anyone on the forum would have a look. Thanks for sharing your observations. There may be some price at which someone would tow/drive it away, but I don't think I would bother unless I wanted a project for a year or so. It will be interesting to see what happens to it.
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #15
86loco

This probably got a handful of folks thinking a great deal was on the horizon. Now it would not be good if several people travel hundreds of miles to find out the same.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:40 AM   #16
Gax

Ok, I had a family member go look it over as well and the report is that it would take a lot of time and money to get this Newell back into primo shape. The estimate I got was in the $60-80 thousand mark for parts and probably 1500-2000 man hours. It does have a lot of damage from what they thought was rain damage, floor damage, electrical, plumbing, slide electronics and motors, headliner, mold clean-up, tires, air systems, brakes, suspension work, body and paint issues, new upholstery, cabinet and wall delamination, windshield, heating and A/C systems, leveling system issues, engine??, Trans??, diff??, safety issues??, it's a lot rougher than the pictures tell. You can see the mold above the drivers seat. The cushion, drapes all ruined from mold. Who know how much wall and underfloor damage there is. I'm told it would be best to gut the interior and replace all damaged areas including electrical, install and repair everything in phases.

Pretty darn scary. I think it is worth more than Darst is suggeting, but not a whole more. It probably should go to salvage and be used for parts. Hope this helps save someone wasted airfare etc.

Sorry to be a bearer of more bad news. Cheers!
Gax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #17
Gone Busing

OMG! That is so devastating to hear.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:20 AM   #18
BOB & ANN YOUNG

Well it makes sense to us now why this one is priced so cheap. We are studying the prices and this one was the cheapest 2002 we have ran across so far. How would someone actually value such damaged Newell like this I have to ask? It sounds truly like salvage to us...

Could it ever be worth a lot again with it being so tainted and now so documented one the internet?
BOB & ANN YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
folivier

I feel bad now for posting this one. But without seeing in person, or having someone look over a coach, how is someone to know? I emailed the dealer asking a few general questions and only got a response saying it was still available.
I guess this is like the old saying "if it sounds too good to be true...."
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #20
Gone Busing

Forest & Cindy by running across and posting about this coach and if anything you will have saved more people from a dealer ripping them off. We were interested but the dealers response like you stated concurred with ours. We planned making the trip but were reluctant too. With the investigation of others, somebody has been sparred from a bad purchase.

I say cheers to you for the post and saving some possible hides from a wasted trip. Thank you!