Interested in a redesign for your Newell Coach Interior? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #1
Neweller

Default Interested in a redesign for your Newell Coach Interior?

Thought this was an interesting interior done on a Prevost bus and thought it was pretty cool. Anyone looking for something different, here you go. If you have ever watched that show that came out on AMC last year called Hell on Wheels, then you got plenty of views of those luxuries trains executives hung out in like Mr. Durant lived in on the show.

My question is if someone can go wild on a bus conversion, then why does everyone have to keep there older Newell so original all the time? I would like to see someone like Newell do a retro version but with a newer chassis. I know its only wishful thinking but a cool idea in my book.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1119_virginia-city_485x340.grid-6x2.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	2751

Ken

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
tuga

Ken,

Newell builds a special design with a wall immediately behind the driver's seat! I think that it is popular with the racing teams because it permits privacy more so than a conventional layout.

The layout has a front door entry and no passenger seat. You enter the salon area thru the area where the passenger seat normally is. The salon is huge w/large flatscreen TV on the wall that separates the driver's seat from the salon. This floorplan could lend itself to a layout like the above post.

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Randy J

If I stepped inside that bus. I might think I was in the white house!

It looks pretty victorian-ish classy though. Leeann likes it more than I do. I say give me black leather. Lots of it!

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
pairodice

It looks like an old Pullman car... I would like to do this to ours...
pairodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

I would say this is a very elegant Victorian style. I like what they have done nothing says timeless elegance quite like a coach done with such style and charm. I think this would look great in a Newell new or old. I'd like to do something similar to this in our 87 as well. Victorian features with a modern day twist. Tastefully done.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
Neweller

Yeah, that's the name I was trying to remember "Pullman Car" a private rail car. Back when a stage coach would have been too small for an olden days RV of sorts, but a Pullman Car offered the larger size. What a cool concept back in the day. I would have to consider that to be a yesterdays Newell or Marathon some get to enjoy today.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 09-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #7
Barthman

Man o man do my wife and I both like it. I want to see it in person.
Barthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #8
Cheri Smith

Ken it sure does remind me of a pullman car.

Here is a Bentley Motors first class pullman rail car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bentleytrain-794897.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	4455

The Pullman Car Co. 1867-1979. In the era of railroad travel, the Pullman car was a luxurious alternative to coach travel, featuring sleeping accommodations and attentive service. It would be great to see a Newell redone with this idea in mind.

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #9
ccjohnson

I met a couple a few years ago that was seriously considering the rail car thing for travel. They thought they could have it customized much cheaper than buy a new motorhome. They claimed rail costs for transport & switching to a siding for a few days would be less than motorhoming. Not sure what ever became of them but I would much rather pay extra to stay in a nice RV park than save $$$$ & be stuck in a "Hobo" rail yard.
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
Neweller

Cheri & Ralph, that would be another great added example of what you could do to give a Newell Coach or any other luxury coach for that matter a kind of classy cozy comfy feel with a blast from the past, then here it is.

Clint, I'm thinking these are good alternative idea for that person looking for this type of distinguishing look in there rubber tire mobile luxury liner of a coach vs. staying in the "Hobo" rail yard.

-Bob Marley
Old 08-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #11
JustDustin

This would be a fantastic idea for interior redesign on the inside of a Newell or other luxury coach. A pullman car was like a Newell or shall I say a Newell is like a pullman car. A classic and luxurious way to travel indeed.

JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote