Considering length of coach, need help! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Lindsay

Default Considering length of coach, need help!

we’re still undecided so I’ll hope you’ll indulge me.

We’ve been searching for our first class A and the way I figure it, If you can afford the best why not which is the reason behind searching for a good used Newell.

Along with all the usual questions we’ve been carefully considering the length of the new coach( New to us ).

I thought We finally wrapped our heads around buying a 39.5 ft coach well whatever they're considered and thought were ok with it. You see, we are slightly terrified of buying a coach that is too long since we are inexperienced drivers, parkers, etc.!

When I came down to it we ended up eliminating the 39 ft coach because of the space issue.

We’re now almost sure we’ll buy a 45ft Newell if we can find a great deal as others have on this forum.

There are just the 2 of us: me & the husband. Our idea once we become an owner is take off, camp for 2-7 nights and return home so we get used to this lifestyle change before we hit the road full time.

Question:

Did you wish you had gone bigger? Smaller? Is your coach just right?

Help us make this decision….we’re ready to smack money down on our new to us newell coach!

Thanks!

Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
ccjohnson

We had to make sure ours would fit in the garage. Have about 4" on each end. Fran uses cell phone to tell me when to whoa!!

XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
folivier

We have a 39' and have found only a few campgrounds where a larger coach would not fit. Also found a couple where the turns were so tight we were glad we didn't have a tag axle.
There are a number of state & federal campgrounds that may cause a problem with coaches larger than ours, but there are a bunch where we wouldn't fit in either.
I think ultimately if you get a 45' you will find plenty of places to stay. Maybe not exactly where you want (we like state & federal parks) but you should be able to get close.
Once we go fulltime we may move up to a 45', it just depends on how comfortable we will be.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
express1

sure this one will fitClick image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-29_15-14-38_220.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	2903
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
Gax

Express 1 is that symbol on the front of your coach a swan or something like that? Looks like there is an eyeball.
Gax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
express1

Thats Nessie
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
Rudra

hmmm...what or who is nessie? a pink flamingo?
Brake Buddy
Rudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #8
Neweller

Nessie is the nickname for the Loch Ness Monster! So, that is the theme of this rig? It would pass for a swan before a flamingo, since the neck is on the thicker side.

So a pink Loch Ness with a little Sante Fe and a little Florida Aztec thing going on. Just have to fined a Loch Ness fanatic out there who would like to own a Newell, Mr. Russo! I should send a pic for you to Paramount Pictures. It would be great on a movie set.

Matt, we may have to start calling you the Thread Jacker.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
NewellCrazy

You will get mixed opinions on this one. For me its always bigger the better lol. The only issue I can see with a 45ft Newell would be that some state parks do not allow rv's over 40ft. 99 Percent of the time you won't have an issue finding a parking spot, actually most rv parks are designed to accommodate a combination setup up to 65ft long. Best advice I can give is call ahead so you know where your stopping and if they can handle your rig. Its always worked for us.

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
Dan B

Length can be an issue when driving, mainly learning how to go around corners without taking out signs and light poles! But that skill can be learned with some practice!

In my mind, another consideration is slides. A shorter coach with slides feels a lot bigger when you stop and put them out. In any event, if you're thinking of full timing, I would not go shorter than 40 with or without slides. We like to have all the comforts of home including a washer and dryer and that's hard to get in a coach shorter than 40 feet.

Dan B is offline   Reply With Quote