Gps Systems which one? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
Newell Attack

Default Gps Systems which one?

I am in the market for a GPS System. Which one do you have and are you satisfied with it's performance etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Newell Attack

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:24 AM   #2
fulltiming

If you have a laptop computer, the most cost effective is to buy Street Atlas with the EarthMate GPS unit. You get the advantage of voice commands, all of the roads in the US on one disk (which you can copy to your hard drive if you have an extra gig of space) and the big screen of the laptop. Works very well in the Newell.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
GoFastJet

Check out the Garmin Nuvi 350. Great size, works really well. It does a bunch of cool stuff!
GoFastJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
jrarriola

Hi Jeff ~ We bought a Garmin Street Pilot c330 last fall & it has been very easy to learn how to use & was an absolute life saver while in several big cities during high traffic times and not knowing if we were in the correct lane or not! With the voice prompts saying "stay left" or "exit in 500 feet", it brought the anxiety level down tremendously for both my husband and me! We bought it at Circuit City for about $750.00. I thought about getting one that I could use with the laptop (because of the small screen on the actual GPS), but I've found that I don't really pay attention to the screen with the voice prompts being there. Rosetta
jrarriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:12 AM   #5
Bob Fetters

We like the Lowrance I500 we bought. I have a tendancy to use the GPS speed portion as my speedometer. I usually do not have the unit navigate for me, but use the map portion to know where I am and what intersections are coming up. I tend to get tired of the nagging voice telling me to turn soon or to turn around and go back when I have departed our schedule to let my wife check out that neat little shop off the main drag or some garage sale she spotted down a side street. The volumn is usually off. I am anxious to get the map upgrade CD just out. ~~ Our choice of GPS was largely due to the fact we have a Lowrance GPS fish/depth finder on our cabin cruiser that we find wildly useful.

Bob
Bob Fetters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:32 AM   #6
marathon man

Check out the Pioneer AVIC-D2 In-Dash Navigation System, it is pretty sweet. There are a few very nice units available now as with the suggestions above.