Tips For Defrosting Norcold Refrigerator - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
bigcatwally

Default Tips For Defrosting Norcold Refrigerator

Norcold refer, I see the cooling fins in the fridge and I know they drain into the drip pan and then drain to the outside drip pan. I checked to make sure the drain works properly.

Question is: Does the freezer drain somewhere? I cannot find any holes for the water to exit. Second Question: In the manual, I see fins on the outside rear of the freezer. Are these like the ones inside the refrigerator and do they defrost? Where would that water go?

1979 Classic Newell Coach
1967 Ford Mustang
1969 Chevrolet El Camino SS
bigcatwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
The Newell

If my memory server my right the freezer doesn't drain anywhere. You need to manually defrost it and sponge out the water then dry it with paper towels or towel.

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #3
larryweikart

Joseph is right Wally, there are no drains in the freezer area. It needs to be sponged out. We use a hair dryer to defrost ours but you need to be careful to not get the dryer too close to the fins. I've done it many times with no adverse results. I keep the dryer about a foot away and keep the door partly closed to trap the heat inside.
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote