How many of you are increasing your annual travel and living budget? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
Barthman

Default How many of you are increasing your annual travel and living budget?

The DW and I are making some adjustments to how we will continue to live on the road. Our income has not went up but our overall costs have like many of you. What are you doing to budget more? We try to keep a nest egg available and usually growing but have found that it has been a lot tougher the last couple of years.

2002 Honda LX Manual Trans
Blue Ox Aladdin Tow Bar

Interested in Trading Up to a Larger Luxury Coach
Like a Newell, Wanderlodge, Featherlite, Marathon, Millennium, will Consider Others
Barthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
86loco

We are not fulltimers but mainly fuel and food. We won't let it stop us, we'll just cut back on trip or traveling distance to keep cost down.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
folivier

We just started fulltiming after selling the house. The savings from insurance in hurricane alley, property taxes, utilities, yard maintenance, house maintenance, etc. we figure will easily pay for a year of travelling in the coach. If we have to cut back some it will be by staying monthly and not travelling as much.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
77newell

We are not full-timers but are retired. We plan to still travel as much as we have but try to control the things we can. For instance in planning a trip we try to find routes that will allow us to travel closer to 55mph than the 60-65 or more required to stay out of the way of other traffic. We eat in more (we spent more on coffee last year than we did on natural gas for our brick house). We stay at Walmarts and truck stops instead of overnighting at campgrounds while moving from place to place. We check ahead for fuel prices and plan refueling to minimize total fuel expenses. Right now I'm talking with a tire company about trading in my tires early while truckers can still use them rather than running them until age makes them unsafe.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
stewart33

We are increasing our travels because we are really just getting started. Eventually we will slow down and travel less but right now we have a lot we'd like to see.
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #6
NewellCrazy

With anything you always have to consider inflation since we're not based on the gold standard. If you can do that and increase your annual travel budget so you're in line with inflation you'll be fine.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
Randy J

We have been taking it slow but this year plan to move around more.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #8
speedingsport

I may be out of the loop here but I hope I can tone it down on the traveling bit. It get's exhausting traveling so much and I would like to stay put more often if that makes sense.

speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote