Towing a Honda Element? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2006, 03:57 AM   #1
Captain Newell

Default Towing a Honda Element?

Is anyone towing a Honda Element? How about a 2006 model? Reason I ask is Honda Corp seems to have pulled it's favoravble nod for towing 4 wheels down. Previous years, 2005 on back are OK with Honda Corp if you follow their little "do this and do that" recommendation.

Ironically, the 2006 Element is exactly the same mechanically as the 2005 etc.

What gives? Wonder if Honda Corp has decided the compliance with their towing guidance is not being followed and has caused them some tranny replacement expenses. Or ... now for the paranoia in me to show ... maybe since Honda is now selling the Odessy engine and tranny to Saturn for the Vue, they want to allow Saturn to handle the market for "towables".

Anyway, I have decided to chance it and buy a 2006 Element anyway and use the old Honda towing guidelines. I will have to live with the fact that my warranty will be void, but our past experience with Honda cars gives me confidence that probably this new Element will be the same even if towed four down.

James & Janice
Captain Newell is offline   Reply With Quote