LCL - Newell Forum Administrative Changes Now Taking Place - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
Neweller

Default LCL - Newell Forum Administrative Changes Now Taking Place

Hello fellow members and forum readers! Hope all is going well for everyone in their travels so far this year. I would like to make an announcement regarding some changes I mentioned earlier on that would be taking place. Well the time is now….

First off, I would like to thank all of you members for your continued efforts and contributions to the knowledge base we have been creating which has helped hundreds of luxury coach owners, especially those whom own Newell Coaches.

When we embarked on the journey of starting the original Newell Coach forum Newell Classic some nine years ago, we never anticipated the great success this community has turned out to be. Becoming a major voice and information database for the majority of Newell owners as well as other luxury coach owners, has not been without its challenges. Many of us in the administration department have spent countless dedicated hours tendering to this great website, forum and its family of wonderful members.

I am here to announce that this is the end of an amazing chapter for the current ownership and administrators. The baton has been passed to a friend of thousands in the RVing community, Mr. Andy Robinwitz who manages various other RV related forum communities such as iRV2.com. I feel this as a great honor and privilege to be able to turn the helm of this site and its sister sites dedicated to Newell Coaches and the luxury coach family over to his dedicated and caring team. This site will continue to be in very good hands, Andy understands how special forum communities are and over the years members from his forums have joined him to help keep an eye on the sister communities. This transfer of ownership will guarantee that this site will continue to be a free site for its members and readers alike for years to come. This will create a win win situation for everyone, no worries about a site going away and having a dedicated team who will listen to the members needs and invest in making sure our community meets the needs of it's members.

The current administration team will be around as long as it takes to insure a successful transition of the forum and Newell sites to Andy’s team at Social Knowledge LLC.

I too look forward to sharing and participating as an owner of a Newell Coach, not of a forum, now spending quality time with fellow coach owners and friends for many years to come. I am very excited and look forward to obtaining another coach so I too can concentrate on the love I have for the open road.

Thank you all again and again for allowing me and the others to serve you, and please continue to enjoy the Luxury Coach Lifestyle!

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
Andy R
Site Team

Hi everyone,

I know announcements like this feel awkward, online forum communities are very special and personal places. I understand this and we'll try our hardest to make sure the community continues to be the same amazing place it has always been. I started my first forum on Airstream Trailers 11 years (link) ago and adopted other RV forums in the years since including iRV2 which some of you might be members of. Having worked for so many years with forums I know that it's going to take us some time to get to know each other and for me and my team to earn your trust. That being said, we are very excited to be here and look forward to learning more about these amazing Newell Coaches.

Most people don't understand how much work it takes to keep a forum running. Ken's done an amazing job over the years and I am honored he has entrusted us to continue what he started. You all will see some new faces around here. Janet H was an Admin on Airstream Forums and over the years she started helping me keep an eye on the other forums in our network. Tech Admin (Jeff) is a software developer and helps us resolve technical issues. I'll let them post their own intros so you can get to know them.

As for me, I am from Dallas, Texas and have two daughters aged 3 and 1. So I'm still dealing with lots of diapers changes and teaching them about the basics of life. I LOVE forums and truly understand how special they are. I feel it's very important that any online community be managed by peers. We work really hard to make sure the mods and admins are empowered and trained to use the tools to zap spammers and deal with other community management issues. One day I'd love to own a Newell, I can't think of a better/nicer coach to own but I have a ways to go in saving up before I can afford one. I look forward to meeting you all and getting to know you in the years ahead.

Regards,

Andy

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #3
rellick

Welcome Andy, and crew!! great to hear you are taking over the forum, and we trust you will do a great job!! Ken and his crew have done a great job but its time to give them a break, its time to relax a bit more Ken and enjoy some of that Newelling you are always talking about
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
1993Newell

Ken and his team have done a fine job with this site and I thank those who have been dedicated to making this site what it is. I know of irv2 which is another great forum. I look forward to keeping in touch with Ken here on the forum and also getting to know the new admin team and new owner Andy.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #5
MrE

I would have wasted a lot of time and money if it wasn't for this forum. I would like to send my deepest thanks to the old administration team and hopes that the new ones will continue the fine tradition.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
prairieschooner

Does this mean that my Airstream will be welcome here or my Newell will be welcome there?
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
Andy R
Site Team

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Steve, which 1958 Airstream model do you have? Also, where do you store all your fun toys?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
NewellCrazy

Hey Steve you can always tow your airstream behind the Newell and call it NewellStream then your welcome everywhere.

J/K with ya,

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
cdat

Wanna say thanks for the great work that Ken and Erika have done, saved me a ton of money, time and frustration, not to mention being made to feel very welcome. Ken, you've done a great job, hate to see the changes but totally understand, Erika, you are a sweetheart and don't get enough credit.

Thanks
John
cdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #10
Randy J

Congratulations Andy on taking this site on. We have been blessed to have this Newell site and forum. The commitment that was given to this site has been amazing and we are honored to know it will continue on. Ken we appreciate all the hard work that you and your team put in to make this site what it is. we are thankful you care enough about it to make sure it is in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing. To make sure it continues to be successful. Andy and the new admin team welcome! John I agree Erika is a real sweetheart and thanks to her and all the others behind the scenes. I hope we get to gather together one day. Leeann and I Thank you.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
jWolfe

Andy, Congratulations on taking over LCL! Thanks to Ken for starting this splendid place to make new Newell friends & owners of other luxury coaches. I have continued to grow the friendships I've already made. Always making new ones too. I know this site has saved a lot of people money and time and it was only possible because you kept it going over the years. Exciting news of new ownership I can't wait to see new things be delivered. I know I will enjoy getting to continue to use this wonderful site for it's resources and years of knowledge. But most of all to have a little fun talking among peers who enjoy the same things. Cheers! Andy the fellow members here are a great bunch and no worries it shouldn't take you long to save for a Newell Coach of your own. Now if you're talking a brand new one that could be a different story...depending on your finances.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Andy R
Site Team

Forums are very special places. I am always amazed to see how much members can help each other out and how large of "knowledge bases" the forums turn into after all this collective help. I'm really honored Ken allowed me to carry the torch, we won't let you down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jWolfe View Post
Andy the fellow members here are a great bunch and no worries it shouldn't take you long to save for a Newell Coach of your own. Now if you're talking a brand new one that could be a different story...depending on your finances...
I've already been spending time browsing the coaches on Newell Classifieds, they are in a class of their own! At this point used would definately be the only way I'm getting into a Newell but it sure would be fun to be able to work with the fine folks in Miami, OK to build a dream coach.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #13
Cheri Smith

I trust that we are in good hands. Love this forum and always will.

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #14
Janet H
Site Team

Hi folks, seems like I'm a little late to the party but am happy to be here. It looks like the site team and Ken have done a wonder job fostering the community and I hope they'll continue to stay involved. I also love to camp and have restored two vintage Airstreams.

Forums are amazing places; members helping each other and building information resources for future owners is so important. I came to my first forum (www.AirForums.com) looking for restoration info and over the years made some lifetime friends there. We now camp together and the experience has been wonderful. It looks like you have built a similar community and I'm delighted to help out. Please let me know if you have questions or concerns and in the meantime I'll be drooling over the beautiful rigs I'm seeing here
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #15
Hugo

Welcome to the new owners and gang.

We have enjoyed this forum and all who are apart of it. Ken you and your family are wonderful and we will be looking forward to the traveling ahead.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #16
rellick

Welcome Janet, glad to have you aboard!! its nice to hear you like to restore the classics also!!
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
larryweikart

Welcome Andy and Janet, you have some big shoes to fill as Ken has created a wonderful site. It has been a wonderful place to visit and learn about this great product and meet fellow Newellers. Best wishes to both of you and a BIG thank you to Ken for his dedication and service to this community. (Ken: more time to search for that elusive Newell?)
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #18
JustDustin

Welcome Andy and Janet! You'll find we love our Newell Coaches but also like other luxury coaches as well.
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
prairieschooner

Sincerely hope that all of the previous threads and posts stay intact! There have been many good discussions, directions and answers in the past that will remain very helpful in the future.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #20
prairieschooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Steve, which 1958 Airstream model do you have? Also, where do you store all your fun toys?
18' Traveler, built here at the west coast. All but the Newell stored up here at our property in Idyllwild, CA.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]