Inspectors? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
coachman

Default Inspectors?

Anyone available to inspect a coach in Angola Indiana?

coachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Neweller

Are you getting serious about that bunk coach? What are you preferring, another Newell owner or an independent RV/Coach inspector? There are a few of both in the area.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
coachman

Yea I'm getting serious. I would like to have a newell owner to help me. However, I would appreciate anyones help. This would be my first coach and I don't want to make a big mistake!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
folivier

Larry Weikart lives nearby, if he's home.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #5
Neweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by folivier View Post
Larry Weikart lives nearby, if he's home.
That would be one of my top three choices as far as Newell owners go and he was in the RV business for some 20 years at one time. I believe he was in the area and he has been down there in the past looking for someone else on a different coach now long sold. He could give a very good opinion on the overall coach condition and such, but I think he would also suggest hiring a reputable garage mechanic for checking out the engine and to hopefully cover the oil samples and such. That area is in the RV capitol of the world, so general RV systems and mechanical inspectors should be a dime a dozen. I plan on being in the area in about ten days or so, if another opinion is still needed at such time and would gladly drop by and check it out as well.

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 07-24-2013, 01:39 AM   #6
coachman

How do I get in touch with Larry? I would also like to meet you there if possible Neweller! If you are talking thursday or friday next week, I can be there.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:59 AM   #7
larryweikart

I was just in Angola this evening, it would be a pleasure to meet you as well as Neweller next week, if you want. Be sure the coach is actually there as the last time I went to check one in Angola they had it somewhere by, I believe, Holland, Mi. where they appear to have a silent partner. Either way, let me know the plan and I will assist any way I can. I only live 10 miles away.
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:16 AM   #8
Neweller

Larry, you are super close by. That would be a no brainier for Larry to do a looksie if it's at the Angola location. You'll have to call Randy and ask which location the bus is being stored and the availability etc... I would enjoy meeting up with you two gents. I'll have to figure out my timing on the matter as I need to be about 100 miles from there either next Friday or the following Monday. Which I could know after making a phone call tomorrow. I may bring NewellCrazy along as well.

-Bob Marley
Old 07-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #9
rellick

Hey this is great you guys, I hope the coach checks out good, its also one heck of a good excuse to meet up!!
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #10
stewart33

Keith is right... great excuse to meet up. I wish I was in the area I would drop by too. Hope it checks out and you are bringing it home coachman.
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
coachman

Larry Thanks for calling me today. I am going to have to meet up with Randy in Holland to look at the coach.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #12
jWolfe

Hope it works out coachman. Good luck!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #13
Neweller

So it's up in Holland huh? It looks like I need to be down by Indy on the 6th, I then off to the Nashville area.

-Bob Marley
Old 07-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
larryweikart

Yep, too bad, but lucky that Anthony checked it out before he got on the plane yesterday morn. We were set to meet in Angola around 3:30 pm. That's the second time this happened and I don't understand why Randy doesn't tell prospects where the product is that they wish to see. The first time it happened he didn't even apologize when I showed up to look at a Newell. He had no idea how far I had traveled to look at a coach he advertised. I'm also disappointed that it changed my opportunity to meet other Newell owners. Some other time?
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
Neweller

Larry, we'll get a hook up here eventually. I get close. In the past I used to frequent the Elkhart area quite a bit on biz and if I decided to launch this other prospective it could happen again. Didn't realize how close you were to that area. When one thinks about lakes in MI, you think up north or I do anyway but now I realize they are right near the border.

-Bob Marley
Old 07-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #16
coachman

Well I called Randy today to confirm the coach is in Holland. I am going to fly out tomorrow to look at it. I also like the 98 Newell coach at MOT. I wish it had bunks. Do y'all think it would be better to pay a little extra and go for the series 60?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #17
larryweikart

Personally I would prefer the series 60 with a allison 6 speed if the $$$$ work. They are a million mile engine. I now have 300,000 miles on mine. It gets around 9mpg without the trailer and has never used the first drop of oil. Nothing wrong with the 8V92, just my personal choice.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #18
coachman

What type of gas mileage do you think I would get with the 8v92? About 5?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 AM   #19
Neweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachman View Post
What type of gas mileage do you think I would get with the 8v92? About 5?
A Newell will do better than that with a 8v92. Depending on driving habits and speed you should be in the 7 range, but I'll let the other owners speak for themselves. Clint, Larry, Brady and others what are you currently getting with your summer fuel and what kind of changes are you getting with the winter stuff when up north? I had an '86 for with the 8v92 but only put a couple thousand miles on her and I was figuring about 7.2 running around 65-70 mph during the summer but it dropped off after that if I increased my speed. I'm thinking the hp was right at 425.

-Bob Marley
Old 08-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #20
Ron Skeen

I had a 8V92 in my 89 40ft got 5-6. 96 45ft 60 series 7-8. 04 45.8ft. 60 series 5-6. These were all at about 70+- mph

1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote