info for everyone 96 no slide for sale on ebay - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
Yachts

Default info for everyone 96 no slide for sale on ebay

ok everyone any additional info would be helpful here..this is a new posting on ebay 1996 45Ft Newell Motor Coach in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors
I Just talked to the seller he said he bought it 4 months ago and he said it was just serviced at newell and he paid 85k for it 4 months ago..all of the pictures he said he just took last week... whats funny is the pics he has look surprisingly similar to this ad at this link http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Re...chMethod=1

note the living room pic...the same burned out light bulb, carpet, pillow placement, missing chair..this ad has been up much longer than last week...

just want everyone to be aware.....something not making sense...why would you pay 85 for a coach that is listed at 79,500, why does the 79500 show sold..he also told me newell offered him 90 for it..I posted this on another site just want everyone to benefit from some research I did in case they are interested in it.. I try to give people the benefit the doubt but this one is shall we say interesting...

Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #2
Neweller

Yachts, this coach was being sold previously by Mr. Olivers down in Texas. Not sure if it was a consignment or this current seller had purchased it from Paul Davis and is now reselling it or what. We can sure find out. Apparently it went up to Newell for windshield and some maintenance. It could be some kind of scam, but I won't call it that without some additional due-diligence. The photo's appear to be at Mr. Olivers.

Newell would have never offered him anywhere near $90k for it. They don't even buy that age of Newell's unless they were just going to flip it to one of their five buyers for half of that.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
Yachts

Thank you.. The pics from 2 diff ads and his story didnt ad up.. He told me newell did an alignment new windshield and fixed the aqua hot.. He may have bought it fixed and trying to flip it.. That's fine, but be honest. I don't like being told he paid 85 when the other ad offer price was less than that.. And the pictures were taken last week when they appear to be the same pics from an ad from several months ago.. I don't think he is trying to scam anyone.. Just trying to recoup his investment.. But the story of newell offering 90 I knew was bs...that's when the alarm bells really started going off..
Old 04-24-2013, 02:29 AM   #4
Neweller

I hear you on that one. My alarm bells would have been going off too. Especially already knowing what I know. I would have had him crapping his pants shortly after hearing the so-called bs. First off, if Newell was willing to give you that much, then he is only a few hours from Newell, take it up there and pick up the check. He may have paid around $70k for it and put a few bucks into like your saying and wanting out of the deal. Realizing it's not his cup of tea and that you best have deep pockets or you are a DIY guy to own a Newell.

Also, that should be the earlier number coach as it has the early dash. You know what I would do to that coach - Of course the monkey pirates would think I was crazy!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 04-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #5
Yachts

I just missed out on a 96 executive coach that was in Washington.. I offered 58 and it sold for 65 .. It needed a bed installed ,washer dryer, updated electronics. I just don't think any no slide newell coach is worth over 70 or so right now.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #6
NewellCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
I hear you on that one. My alarm bells would have been going off too. Especially already knowing what I know. I would have had him crapping his pants shortly after hearing the so-called bs. First off, if Newell was willing to give you that much, then he is only a few hours from Newell, take it up there and pick up the check. He may have paid around $70k for it and put a few bucks into like your saying and wanting out of the deal. Realizing it's not his cup of tea and that you best have deep pockets or you are a DIY guy to own a Newell.

Also, that should be the earlier number coach as it has the early dash. You know what I would do to that coach - Of course the monkey pirates would think I was crazy!
Here you go Ken ,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Monkey-Pirate-79236.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	3983

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #7
Neweller

Yachts, here's your modified version of the 1996 Newell Coach step roof with a Wanderlodge designed rack added on. What do you think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1996 Newell Step Roof with Wanderlodge Rack.lcl.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	3996

-Bob Marley
Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
Yachts

looks awesome !!!I am in!!!! just need someone to get reasonable on a no slide... i may have a line on a triple for 125k if i cant find a no slide for around 70k
Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #9
JustDustin

My eyes and ears will be open. If I find one Yachts I'll be sure to let you know.

That Newell above with the Wanderlodge designed rack. Super cool!
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #10
86loco

I agree with Yachts, that is awesome Ken. You really come up with some nice creative ideas. We had a chance to pick up on a newell with this roof design that originally belong to a Nascar team but didn't really care for the step in the roof. We had really liked the interior and now you show us this. We should have bought it and had something like this installed. We have been thinking about slides like Yachts but may now just go with a longer non-slide.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #11
Neweller

Yachts, you must be still eyeballing that executive coach. I think $125k would be a fair deal to obtain that one. Put a few g's into it and and shazam! I would love to find the right deal and gut the some son of gun, do the slides, spend a few months on putting it back together and have a show stopper.

Brady, I think you need to make the move and turn you bro onto your coach so we can add to the family. Go buy this '96 from the guy and I'll get you hooked up with someone to do the roof rack on the way home.

-Bob Marley
Old 04-25-2013, 04:09 AM   #12
Yachts

Be cool to do the roof rack and mover the Gerard awning up to the roof too.. Give it a 06 and later roofline