2000 Quad Slide - Page 3 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #41
Neweller

I think Tom knows the time is running out on this deal, as the last time I spoke to him, he was acting really weird, as I told him I have my flight booked and I'll be down there Saturday. Now when I call, nobody answers and the call just ends, no voice mail and no Tom answering the phone.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #42
Bluestraveler

Has anyone verified it's a scam? If so the local authorities should be contacted.

Bluestraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #43
ccjohnson

News flash!!!! Just talked to Tom someone from Louisianna bought the coach today. And I was sending courier with a check. Oh well, at least now I can buy fuel to head south from Spearfish! Having a great time here BTW.
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #44
Neweller

Did you ask Tom if he charged any extra for the "Taillight Warranty"? I'm sure glad you have some fuel money left. The next question is, are you getting ready for a marathon run with your updated '92 coach?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:59 AM   #45
Dave-n-Marjorie

Clint, dont feel bad or think this is real. I know of a dealership that offered $200k sight unseen wells fargo wired in 2 hours and they kept getting the run around from Tom. I probably would take what Tom says with a grain of salt....if it sounds too good to be true...it probably is....This was a fake deal, know matter what Tom says...I know of a 2001 burned up quad slide non driveable that sold for over $100k.....Was just at Newell two days ago and talked to the guys about this deal...they laughed....said you could part it out for more than that....
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #46
ccjohnson

I would pay 77K for it no problem. But only after inspecting it & paperwork. I was surprised that Tom never asked me to send a deposit.
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #47
jWolfe

From this thread you can see that quite a few people would have been willing to pay that and more for this Newell Coach. This Tom guy doesn't seem legit... just because he will talk to people on the phone and not take a deposit most certainly doesn't mean it was a real deal . He was obviously up to some dirty tricks if a dealer was willing to drop $200,000 sight unseen like Dave stated and he didn't do it? It's sad to see scammers up to no good. I'm not sure what Tom was trying to pull but hopefully whatever he was trying to do didn't work out. If it's too good to be true, and all you get is a run around... steer clear!
Old 06-29-2013, 05:01 AM   #48
speedingsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-n-Marjorie View Post
Clint, dont feel bad or think this is real. I know of a dealership that offered $200k sight unseen wells fargo wired in 2 hours and they kept getting the run around from Tom. I probably would take what Tom says with a grain of salt....if it sounds too good to be true...it probably is....This was a fake deal, know matter what Tom says...I know of a 2001 burned up quad slide non driveable that sold for over $100k.....Was just at Newell two days ago and talked to the guys about this deal...they laughed....said you could part it out for more than that....
Wait am I reading this right or what? Dave, did the dealership actually send a wire and get ripped off? or did they only make an offer and were willing to wire the cash?!?!?!
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:27 AM   #49
Dave-n-Marjorie

Dealer called and offered to immediatly wire a $5k deposit and agree on a sell price of up to $200k depending on coach condition/inspection if Tom would fax a copy of the title directly to the F & I dept for verification and proof. Tom said no problem he would do that right away and email his bank routing information back. He never returned a call after that!!! FYI...There are dealers out there willing to pay big money for triple and quad slide Newells and Prevosts, in cash by wire, fly out a tech to pdi it and drive it back to dealership, then sell it in a week or two and make $20k or more. Hard for a individual owner to compete.

Just to let you all know what just happed personally to me two weeks ago. Marjorie and I were renting out a 4 bedroom house near hilton head island (income property) for $1,400 a month and put an ad on craigslist and zillow with pics and my contact information. Got a call from someone who asked if this was a scam, said the exact same house was on both sites with a different phone number for $700 a month. They called it and a foreign person answered said it was their house and emailed them a credit app. They were so excited to get this huge house for $700 a month they filled it out and emailed it back to him. Later that evening they saw our real ad, with my cell phone and realized they might have been scammed. They were!!! The rental credit app asked for all their information, SS#'s DL #'s, bank account numbers, ect...They called me and basically cried on the phone. Someone stole my pics and description and put their phone number in. I asked them if they thought $700 a month for HHI could be possible with every comparible home was over $1300????? They said in the back of their mind, they knew it was too good to be true, but still couldnt take a chance it wasnt.

They learned a hard lesson....if its too good to be true.....it probably is.......
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #50
JustDustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-n-Marjorie View Post
Dealer called and offered to immediatly wire a $5k deposit and agree on a sell price of up to $200k depending on coach condition/inspection if Tom would fax a copy of the title directly to the F & I dept for verification and proof. Tom said no problem he would do that right away and email his bank routing information back. He never returned a call after that!!! FYI...There are dealers out there willing to pay big money for triple and quad slide Newells and Prevosts, in cash by wire, fly out a tech to pdi it and drive it back to dealership, then sell it in a week or two and make $20k or more. Hard for a individual owner to compete.

Just to let you all know what just happed personally to me two weeks ago. Marjorie and I were renting out a 4 bedroom house near hilton head island (income property) for $1,400 a month and put an ad on craigslist and zillow with pics and my contact information. Got a call from someone who asked if this was a scam, said the exact same house was on both sites with a different phone number for $700 a month. They called it and a foreign person answered said it was their house and emailed them a credit app. They were so excited to get this huge house for $700 a month they filled it out and emailed it back to him. Later that evening they saw our real ad, with my cell phone and realized they might have been scammed. They were!!! The rental credit app asked for all their information, SS#'s DL #'s, bank account numbers, ect...They called me and basically cried on the phone. Someone stole my pics and description and put their phone number in. I asked them if they thought $700 a month for HHI could be possible with every comparible home was over $1300????? They said in the back of their mind, they knew it was too good to be true, but still couldnt take a chance it wasnt.

They learned a hard lesson....if its too good to be true.....it probably is.......
Wow that's to bad. I agree if its too good to be true, it probably is. If you have something in the back of your mind telling you it isn't right. Don't do it folks!
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #51
Wheeler

After reading this thread it sure makes me grateful for the forum and it's members. It's comforting to know everyone has each others backs here, looking out for one another from scammers. Does anyone know anything about this Tom who is trying to pull some kind of scam? What can be done to turn these guys in?

Dave that's unfortunate for that couple who were fooled into thinking that was a real deal on your house for rent. It shows you how many people actually fall for these scams and it's scary. Please people don't let yourself become a victim to one of these deals. Don't be so quick to give out such personal information.

I remember reading a while back here on the forum about a dealer that was trying to pull a fast one on a coach on ebay. What a disappointment for the guys who are real and honest.

Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote