Uline ice maker incontinent anybody use a portable ice maker? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
Newell Boss

Default Uline ice maker incontinent anybody use a portable ice maker?

My U line is incontinent. Kit to fix it costs $150 , I see portables for sale for that much. Anybody have one, what brand & how do they perform?

Newell Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
NewellCrazy

Some of them work quite well, if you have a place to store the ice. All that I have seen don't have a freezer to keep the ice in, once it has frozen.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #3
RW Wiley

Bought a Dometic ice maker on sale about 4 weeks ago from CW. Makes three different sizes of ice. The ice falls into a tray above the water tank so as it does the slow melt, it goes back into the tray. We use ice for about everything and were going through a 10lb bag in 2 days. Ice melts very slowly since the unit is pretty heavily insulated. We just bag it up and put it in the freezer.

Everyone has to be good at something........
I just happen to be a good bad example.

Occasionally in error but never in doubt.
RW Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote