Here to study Newells - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Patriot One

Default Here to study Newells

Hi everyone. I was recently referred to this site by a member who owns a Newell. I was so intrigued with his coach and had never heard of this make. So impressed with the quality. I'll be asking question from time to time. I recently lost my '98 gasser to an engine fire and will be going DP this time around.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
chockwald

Welcome AJ! You will find we are all eager to share our knowledge of Newells from the vintage to the late models. Ask away!

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
tuga

Welcome AJ, what year Newell are you interested in? Slides or no slides? 8V92 or series 60 engine? There are a lot of coaches to choose from. We will be glad to help you spend your money - we're just nice like that!

Seriously, just ask away!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
Summersgal

Welcome AJ! You will find all kinds of info here on this site.

And we happen to have a Newell posted on the classifieds if your looking for a really nice 88. :-)
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
Neweller

AJ, thanks for stopping in and checking us out. The welcome committee will roll out the mat for you. You came to the right place to learn a ton of stuff about any year of Newell Coach.

Ken W.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:08 AM   #6
Richard and Rhonda

Hi AJ,

Welcome. You will find the site members to be straight shooters, knowledgeable, and talented. This is not RV.net, where unsubstantiated opinion often out shouts fact.

If you are in the market, and have any decent hands on skills, you will discover that you can buy a very high quality coach like Newell, Bluebird, or even a Prevost based coach for what a new rig built with sticks and staples costs.

All coaches, whether they are 20,000, 200,000, or 2,000,000 dollar coaches, have something that needs to be addressed. New doesn't necessarily equate to better.

A lot of us are gearheads. We bought Newells because of the structure, running gear, and quality that originally went into the build. It's pretty obvious when you look at the 70's models that are still running the interstates that they were built to last.

This site is the primary tool that we use to communicate our issues, ask for help, and post solutions. It's far better than any manual you could hope to find.

Again, welcome, and I hope you find the rig of your dreams. Tuga was right on, tell us a little more about what you are looking for, what you use an RV for, and how mechanically inclined you might be. You will get responses that will help you with your search.

And one final thing, as old dogs know so well. The chase is as much fun as the catch. Enjoy your search for your next rig.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:44 AM   #7
Patriot One

Thank all so much for the kind welcome and responses. Just from the attitude of owners around here has peaked our interest. I have been reading on here and guess I probably ask my questions in the appropriate forum areas.

Richard and Rhonda we agree on the rv.net help.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:00 AM   #8
Erika

Welcome! Good to hear that members are telling others about newellclassic.com You have come to the right place. Dig in and you will find the answers you need. If you don't find the answers to your questions, please feel free to post a new topic asking.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
Patriot One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuga View Post
Welcome AJ, what year Newell are you interested in? Slides or no slides? 8V92 or series 60 engine? There are a lot of coaches to choose from. We will be glad to help you spend your money - we're just nice like that!

Seriously, just ask away!
Tuga, we would like to have 1 or 2 slides with the 60 series. Not sure if we can stretch the distance or not. Now it appears we may have to go with even a later model that is priced about 100 g's out of range. Or take a break from rving for a yr or two.