Power Steering went out - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > Major Mechanicals
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
Hardtrigger

Default Power Steering went out

Was driving down Hwy 1 in a pretty hilly tight part of highway 1 today on the Oregon Coast when without notice power steering pump gave out and let me tell ya that is alot of work to steer 45000 lb coach for the day without assist! Going to milk it home to Boise for Detroit shops say it is a part not associated with Detroit. Finally got to interstate and is easier to steer at higher speed and only 300 miles yet to go! This tear out looks sort of a chore being the pump is in front of engine way back in front of engine compartment and have no clue how to get to it let alone remove the pump. Has anyone on the board ever have to replace their pump? I called Newell and they are very courteous but they have no idea whether it is a power steering pump or just a hydraulic pump to supply fluid to the gear box in front of coach. They are awaiting for me to remove which ever pump it is to give them Manufacturer and part number! Again has anyone had experience in identifying and removing steering pump? All three repair shops I stopped at had no openings for the week if anyone is curious why I would cruise around in a Newell with manuel steering. Ha ha
Hardtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote