Hello from David and Teresa - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
David and Teresa

Default Hello from David and Teresa

Hello everyone. We're David and Teresa from Winter Springs (Orlando), Florida. We bought our Newell about 6 weeks ago and this past Thanksgiving took our first trip. Like we've heard, there's nothing like a Newell. In fact, when we arrived at our destination and backed into my Dad's drive, a neighbor several houses down came running down the road to meet us yelling "Is that a Newell?".

We're looking forward to many fun trips in our coach and gleaning great info from this site.

1999 Newell 45' Coach #513
David and Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
Richard and Rhonda

Welcome to the merry band ! Traffic is slow on the site because of the holiday.

The search engine is helpful to find previous topics, but just as importantly we like to hear from you, even if you figure it out yourself. It helps to post what your problem was and what you did about it. It may help another in the future.

Now, for the time being, what convinced you to buy a Newell? Is this your first rig, or one of many?

What are you most impressed about so far? What has not impressed you ?

CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:34 AM   #3
fulltiming

Welcome David and Teresa. Glad to have on with us and glad you purchased a Newell. As Richard said, we all learn from each other. You have a very nice coach, I saw the photos of your coach prior to your purchase.

Give us some details of your experience/impressions so far and if you have any questions, ask away.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
chockwald

Another California welcome to David and Teresa! I still remember our first trip after we purchased our Newell. After that one trip I thought I knew everything.....was I ever wrong. I think I can safely say I have learned something new about my coach on each and every trip. This forum is an amazing resource for information, and where you will make a number of new friends.

An upcoming chance to meet other Newell owners is the mini-rally that will happen near Austin, TX in April.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
David and Teresa

We've been looking a long time and this is our first coach. We knew we wanted a big Class A because eventually we would like to take a stab at full-timing. But for now we'll take as many trips as we can.

What lead us to a Newell? It was it was the first coach we walked into that felt like us. Some of the large coaches feel overdone, if you know what I mean. I like Newell's art-deco feel. Also, we wanted a coach that you could live in without depending on slide outs. We only have one in the bedroom but the Newell's allow complete use without using the slide. The reputation for quality of Newell coaches sealed the deal.

Our first trip was very good; it drove like a dream. I do have an issue with the house batteries and charging. I've been searching the forum to find an answer before a post a question.

Thanks for the welcome.

David
Old 12-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
fulltiming

Searches are always a good way to start but you are certainly welcome to describe your battery/charging situation and we will see if we can't point you in the right direction.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #7
zcasa

David and Teresa:

Welcome to the family. My wife and I also bought our first motorhome and purchased our Newell three years ago. We have asked the experts on this forum advice on a miriad of issues and we are so thankful of the assistance that we receive. We have asked some very basic questions and some that are more challenging, but each time, we have been treated as if we were Royalty. It is more than reassuring as we drive down the road.

David and Denise
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
tuga

Welcome David & Thersa,

I noticed that you purchased coach #513, we have coach # 512 (99' Newell w/2 slides).

You made the right choice when it comes to a Newell. I am on my 3rd one and I love the simple electrical systems and easy access to almost all components. I also like the fact that I can vacuum around the foot of my bed with the slide in! Great engineering!

Try to attend the mini rally in Austin, TX in April 2009 at the LaHacienda RV Resort. We would love to meet you! You can read about the rally and who is attending under the thread "Mini Rally".
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #9
larryweikart

Happy Holidays and welcome to Newell David & Teresa, I too, like Chockwald, thought I knew everything about Motorcoaches (having been in the industry for 20 years) but I don't believe you ever stop learning. This website is a dream come true for owners, as is the Newell 24hr hotline. I can't begin to tell you how many times the people at Newell have helped me resolve issues and also how much I learn from reading this forum. You have made an excellent choice for your first purchase. We will be in Lakeland during Feb. & March. Maybe we could meet up and "brag" about our wonderful Coaches!
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #10
David and Teresa

Thanks everyone for the welcome. We will try to hook up as much as we can at rallies and with people passing through. If anyone is coming through Orlando give us a call. I may have to talk to tuga often as he has the coach made before ours and probably has the same exact systems.
We've had family down since Thanksgiving and haven't had enough time to devote to my batteries yet. I'm hoping to look at that this week.

David and Teresa