Does anyone like the idea for Newell to offer a Retro-Designed Coach? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Neweller

Default Does anyone like the idea for Newell to offer a Retro-Designed Coach?

Taking in some of the wants, needs and what's on the wish list of varies luxury motorhome owners, has me pondering the thought of how cool it would be to have an option for a Newell Coach with some of yesterday's style with the amenities of today.

If you had the money would you buy one? If there was one a few years old and you had the choice would you want one?

Just like some folks like Lambo's and others like Muscle cars, I believe there is a niche here to be filled.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
MarkofSJC

Ken,

Interesting idea...but I'm having trouble with the image. In the boating world, yes an all wood Chris-Craft ~ absolutely. But a 1970's "Bread Box" Winnibego? Not so much (if at all!)

Mark

MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
HoosierDaddy

I have always liked the classic design....especially the 1987-89 models... I was looking for one of those when I found this 1993. My plans for the '93 include an interior remodel and outside paint job. I would like to find somebody with a talent for design who could do some art deco style drawings for me...I need ideas for the interior and paint since creativity is not my strong suite.
1993 Newell 45'#316, 1976 Trans Am 455, 1967 GTO, 1953 Chevrolet 3105 (panel truck),1952 Chevrolet 3600,1969 Airstream Overlander. Always fixing something!
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Neweller

I have tried pretty hard to sell many folks contemplating the purchase of a bus conversion, a Newell Coach and some others on the Newell Coach quality. Many like the classic Newell better than the P2000i and state that is why some of the bus conversion are more of a turn on. They say some of the buses have a brawny look that separates them from your average so so middle of the road so called luxury RV (cookie-cutter).

I recently met a guy who is taking a 2009 Wanderlodge chassis and shell and converting it to look like an older Eagle with triple slides. It will be a cats-meow for sure. There will be folks whom think it's stupid but then there would be some that will stand in line with big bucks wanting it. It already has the front and rear off an Eagle on it. Basically it will have the class of an Eagle with the amenities of a late model luxury coach and unbelievable fuel economy. Personally I think it is down right cool.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 10-31-2012, 04:27 AM   #5
Neweller

Here I believe this is a second generation Futurliner. There was a unit on ebay with reserve price of 2 million. Another one like it fetched a cool 4.1 million back in 2006. Of course there was a lot of that easy money floating around still.

You know mix-mix. lol

The idea is like they have done the late model muscle car types, like the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger and others. Takes some cues from the past and add in the flair and amenities of today.

Mark, I'm definitely not referring to anything that looks like a pre-eighties Winni (ugh..)

-Bob Marley
Old 10-31-2012, 04:37 AM   #6
Neweller

I think this 1936 GM Futurliner was pretty amazing back in that day. Here is what International did with the newer LoneStar Big Rig !

Now I'm not advocating a long nose or anything, just throwing out some thoughts for the creative minds. It would be cool to get some artist to draw something up. Should host a contest or something. Maybe one of the big boys would at least entertain the thought. Maybe when the economy gets kicking again we'll have some boys and girls ready light a flame under someone.

-Bob Marley
Old 02-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
JustDustin

That futureliner is pretty cool. I'd like to see inside it.
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
Oreo

If Newell offered a Retro designed coach I think it would have no other choice but to be a hit.
Oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #9
jWolfe

I myself would like to see them do a retro version too. Retro never dies.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
prairieschooner

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2827.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	4089
Here is another though on what the retro ones could look like! Yes I prefer the classic appearance.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #11
speedingsport

Steve classics will always be cool! A Retro Newell would be awesome to see done.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #12
rellick

Default Creative Retro Coach

• I found this cool retro Creative Cruiser I thought some would find interesting and inspiring, this coach was totally gutted and redone with a 8.3isc cummins and allison 6-speed. Totally new interior and upgraded with new everything
  • All I have to say is awsome!! I wonder how many more coaches are done up with the same retro look? If you have a Classic or Vintage Coach how about sharing some of the upgrades you have done!!
  • Who
  • What
  • Why
  • Progress
  • About

About

Here are some details about the Creative Cruiser project, its history and the restoration. You have two choices for how to view this information: In an interactive presentation (click the arrow icon to progress through the slides kind of thing), which requires Adobe Flash, or just by scrolling through the info as a single page below.

The Creative Cruiser on Prezi

The Stats

Species: Flxible Bus
Breed: Starliner
Year of Birth: 1963
Birthplace: Loudonville, Ohio
The Cruiser’s History

The bus is built at the Flxible factory in Loudonville, Ohio
1963-1992

The bus is owned by the Lovington, NM school district where it serves as the transportation for the high school’s sports team.

The bus changes owners when it is bought by Ross B., the former high school principal. He only owned it for a short time.
1992-1997

The bus is owned by Joe W. in Azle, TX. Joe turned it into a lounge bus.

The bus is bought by Kim & Dave in Alliance, Ohio. They give the coach an RV interior and use it on and off for many years.

The bus gets another owner… ME!
Since then, I’ve had the interior gutted to make room for a new, streamline design/high tech theme. In 2011, the bus was moved to Fort Worth, TX to get the engine/tranny work done. It will soon move to Nova Scotia where it will get its new interior.
Restoration

The Cruiser is undergoing a complete restoration, from top to bottom. The original engine was swapped out for a new Cummins ISC with an Allison tranny. The interior, though livable from the start, has been completely gutted to make room for a new, custom living space.

When the bus is complete, it will boast some pretty great new features…

In the end…

This

+

This

=

© Ben Willmore • 2012
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:43 AM   #13
NEWELLWIZARD

Wow, Keith I could see you doing something like that with a Newell. Are there more interior photos?

NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote