Walk in closets in motorhomes - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
bigcatwally

Question Walk in closets in motorhomes

Walk in closets are nice in a home, but is it worth the loss of space in a motorhome?

1979 Classic Newell Coach
1967 Ford Mustang
1969 Chevrolet El Camino SS
bigcatwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
Ron Skeen

We think the walk in closet is one of the nicest feature. Jean like: storage, drawers, hanging, drying, hobby supplies, extra bedroom for grand kids, junk room. I like: easy access to engine, quieter when I travel early morning for her to sleep, keep her out of my storage in the basement. This arrangement is great for our lifestyle.

1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #3
86loco

I must agree with the closet being very useful for storage options. Our current coach is only 40' and the extra footage needed for the closet will pretty much take up the extra space on a newer coach.

Ron, that is a great incentive to keep the wife from claiming any basement space.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:38 AM   #4
Neweller

I have to agree with you Brady, that if your going over 40' that a closet starts to make sense and agree that there are many uses like Ron mentioned too. Back in the late nineties when I was looking hard at bus conversions I seen a couple stretched MCI's that had five feet added to them and that five feet became closet space. So, that is probably the most common use of the rear five feet in a '45 footer plus or minus a foot or two. I would also agree that I'll let the wife manage most of that closet space if I get to manage what I want in the basement.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Wally, my coach does not have the walk in closet and I am glad it does not. I have three closets with drawers across the back and two full closets in the hall. One we converted to a utility closet and have not wasted space attributable to the walk-in. I suggest you look a Newell floor plans and decide which you like best. Also, much depends on the floor plan of the coach you find that you just cannot live without. Rationalization comes easy.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
Twins

If I had the option it would definitely be on our list. Walk in closets are a must for my wife and I when it comes to a stick house.

Twins