Need advice on a Furnace Problem - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2007, 03:58 AM   #1
Retired Phil

Default Need advice on a Furnace Problem

I'm not sure if I have a problem with the furnace or the thermostat on my MH? At times the furnace does not cut off when the set temperature is reached. We bought this MH last Spring and the temperature regulation seemed to be good while using the A/C units.

I keep the MH parked next to my house and it is plugged into a 120 volt outlet with a standard 15-20amp extension cord. Since the Winter in South Louisiana doesn't get very cold, I simply drained the water tanks and lines to winterize the unit. For the few nights that get below freezing, the furnace is turned on so that the MH is kept around 50F degrees. Sometimes the temperature in the MH has gotten to 90F degrees and the furnace is still running when I go to shut everything down in the morning.

Any advice on where I should start checking would be appreciated. This is the only time the furnace has been used. When we camp I always get at least 30amp electric service so we use the heat strip if heat is desired.

Thanks.

-Phil & Janice Wickham-
Retired Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
HoosierDaddy

Hi Phil,
I'd check thermostat first. They are not expensive or difficult to change and I'd guess the one in your coach dates back to 1989! Were they still using several LP furnaces or one full-coach heating system on that coach?

Dean

1993 Newell 45'#316, 1976 Trans Am 455, 1967 GTO, 1953 Chevrolet 3105 (panel truck),1952 Chevrolet 3600,1969 Airstream Overlander. Always fixing something!
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
fulltiming

Does the heat stay on or just the blower? If the heat is staying on and getting the interior much too warm, you might try adjusting the heat anticipator on your thermostat. If it is set too low, the blower will come on and the heater will never light, if it is too high the temperature will go up much higher than the set temperature before it will shut off. If adjusting the anticipator doesn't work, replacing the thermostat is probably the next best place to start. The heat anticipator does not affect the Air Conditioning so the AC could work properly and the furnace still not work properly.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote