Ultimus Prime - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2013, 05:22 AM   #1
Madmanmurphy

Default Ultimus Prime

Hi everybody. My name is Patrick Murphy and I own the Ultimus Prime motorhome and trailer. I moved from the United States in 1989 to the remote south pacific and ultimately settled in Australia in 1996. I started building Ulitimus Prime in June of 2009 and finish 18 months later. the trailer took me 6 months. I built it pretty much by myself with a scissor lift and so far the bus has not let me down once. (Better not as everything is new). I made a documentary about the build that is for sale on Amazon if anybody is interested. The bus started life in 1987 as a Volgren double decker coach for GreyHound in Australia and eventually was used for charter work to the ski resorts down south. The bus is built of aluminium on a Volvo chassis and drives like a sports car with a house on top. I am currently parked at rainbow Beach Queensland and have just finished writing a novel and enjoying the laid back Australian way of life.

Madmanmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Neweller

Hi and to LCL the luxury coach lifestyle! I am somewhat familiar with your wonderful coach. We have a thread on here where a member has shared about it. I have been to Australia for fun and business and look forward to hearing and seeing more of what you are willing to share. I would love to read your documentary of the build and will look over at Amazon for it. Thanks for sharing what you have.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
NewellCrazy

Welcome Patrick,

I searched your motor coach in google and if that is the one you have one cool motor coach. Care to share any pictures?

Welcome again,

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
Madmanmurphy

Default Ultimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
Hi and to LCL the luxury coach lifestyle! I am somewhat familiar with your wonderful coach. We have a thread on here where a member has shared about it. I have been to Australia for fun and business and look forward to hearing and seeing more of what you are willing to share. I would love to read your documentary of the build and will look over at Amazon for it. Thanks for sharing what you have.
The link to the DVD on Amazon ishttp://www.amazon.com/Ultimus-Prime-D-I-Y-Patrick-Murphy/dp/B00CRO53MM/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375222469&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=ultimus+prime+diy

It is a 90 minute pictorial of how the coach was built, including the slide out veranda. I am doing a DVD now about the CMCA Rally that was held at Maryborough Queensland this past May. The CMCA is the Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia and has 66,000 members. One of the TV stations did a clip on the bus a while back and I understand they have put it on YouTube for those of you who want to have a gander.
I am at Twitter on https://twitter.com/PMMaustralia

Linkedin is Patrick Murphy - Australia | LinkedIn and facebook is madmanmurphy

Here are a few more links to articles. I seem to cause a stir where ever I go for some reason.Monster two-storey RV has a helicopter and four-wheel drive | Fraser Coast Chronicle

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=G...h=950&imgdii=_

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=G...h=950&imgdii=_
Madmanmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:50 AM   #5
Neweller

Patrick - your coach and toys would definitely be quite the spectacle and may rub off on some of the folks around here, I know of another owner up in Canada that is already dreaming about a trailer like yours as well as another member down in Arkansas. The heli is really cool.

I checked out all your links and am intrigued the Aussies are getting into the larger caravans and such. Would like to see the dvd when you are done. Keep us posted. We have some other members from Australia that used to come on here but I have not heard from them for a while. One couple had imported a Newell coach from the states to Australia. I have a friend that I haven't spoken with in some time that used to convert vehicles to right hand drive here in the states and then ship them over there. He had done several Camaro's, Suburbans, and RV's. Last I had spoken with him, he was managing the Shelby replica shop in Las Vegas for Carroll, so it has been a while as I don't even know if that is still going on.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:27 AM   #6
rellick

Patrick, welcome to LCLglad to have you aboard!! this rig is amazing, you must be very proud of your accomplishment, I think most people have no idea what it takes to build something like this, I am a machinist and welder/ fabricator myself and know what it takes to build for this sort of thing. Truly one of a kind custom, the thought and time that went into it is unimaginable. When it all boils down to it it is alot of fun isnt it!! I am always tinkering with something and love it as well, when your all finished you can sit back and enjoy something no one else has!!
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:01 AM   #7
jWolfe

Welcome glad to have you here on the forum. Please come and interact with us would love to hear more about your coach.