New to Newell - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Dmatz

Default New to Newell

I am a new to this forum I have owned a 2004 blue bird, a 2002 Royale Prevost, any a 2010 Parliament Prevost. My wife Melanie and I are having a bunk coach built by Newell shortly. We are, well I am 50, my bride 43, our sons our 18 freshman in college, 17 a senior in high school and our little amazing gist from god 18 months. This is why the bunk coach.

So the question I have is what should we be sure we do not miss on our build? Also what advise do you have for us. It was a difficult decision to make the leap from prevost, however we are very excited and should see our creation in May.

Thnaks for for your help.

Dmatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
larryweikart

Welcome Dmatz to one of the best Coach forums in the business. I don't think you need to worry about missing much with Newells guidance. They are very patient and extremely knowledgeable. Others will chip in with ideas, I'm sure. We have a great bunch of owners here. Bet wishes for a smooth ride thru the production process!

1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:09 AM   #3
rellick

Welcome Dmatz to LCL, theres a great bunch here with tons of information and a very friendly atmosphere. I see you have very good taste in luxury coaches and I am confident you will be pleased with the service you will have with your new Newell, you are in good hands!!
The worst part will be the waiting until May for the first drive!!
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
Yachts

Welcome, sounds like you are about to have the dream that many of us can only dream of. If I was building a new coach and was going to have family.. The bunks are awesome but I would also make the master a Murphy bed with a couch similar to coach 701 set up. When you have several people in at one time sometimes different entertainment areas are nice.. Me And my wife are football junkie so at home I have 4 tvs in one room. Awesome for watching multiple games at the same time. So if I was building I would have a way to have multiple tvs in master bedroom salon and out side..

Thats the one thing about my current coach I'm trying to rectify.
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
afrench45

Congratulations on your build. It sounds like you definitely have experience in coach ownership. The one issue i have with my coach is having carpet in the salon and bedroom. I am currently in the process of picking out a wood floor to replace my carpet because it is much easier to keep clean. When we have people over tailgating and in and out of the coach it is hard to keep clean.
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
77newell

Dmatz: welcome aboard. Every interaction I've had with the Newell factory has been marked with courtesy and incredible knowledge. While I'm sure you've asked yourself the following questions I'll ask them again just in case one got skipped. What did you like best about each of the previous coaches and how would those "likes" fit into your currently planned lifestyle? Given the age of your "kids", you will probably have a number of different travel scenarios in your future. I would be imagining each of these scenarios separately and designing a coach perfect for each. Once all the scenarios are covered I would try to merge these perfect coaches into the best compromise possible. One implication is how do the bunks work perfectly when the older ones are around and then perfectly disappear to provide another function when they aren't.

I'm glad I don't have to figure all this out, it would make my head ache, but the reward would a coach I would cherish.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
Dmatz

I appreciate any and all suggestions and feedback. Thanks I look forward to the process and I am sure as much thought and guidance we put into this there will be the inevitable conversation of, if we ever do this again I would add or change this or that. Keep the suggestions coming. The biggest concern I had to overcome is the chassis service. Having all the locations for Prevost around the country has been very helpful. Not really sure how all that is going to happen with this. However I am confident the team at Newell will be of great assistance for this.
Shelter Island NY
Dmatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
77newell

Dmatz: the major components assembled by Newell into the chassis are more or less standard issue by various suppliers to the commercial vehicle manufacturers. If your coach has a Cummins engine, I would not be hesitant to contact the local Cummins dealer for help and Cummins is everywhere. Likewise it's possible to find local service outlets for the other components, probably at the same outlets as the engine supplier. You might want to check with Prevost and see how they would respond to a troubled Newell showing up for service needs. I'm guessing they would be very happy to help.

Regarding the house part of the coach, Newell could talk any major RV service facility through how to service or repair anything. That's one of the great benefits of Newell, they will help someone else help you get back on the road. For instance, the folks at Motorhomes of Texas are on a first name basis with the service folks at Newell.

Given the help individuals on this site have gotten from Newell in doing our own service and repairs (and I know I'm not as skillful as someone doing it for a living) I'm confident you will never ever be left in a lurch. I can't say I know where "lurch" is but "no worries mon" because you will never be left there.

2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote