Mini Rally - Page 5 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #81
tuga

Default Who will bring what?

Clarke,

I think your idea of each coach posting what they will bring would be a good idea. I'll edit this post with each coach's contribution so we won't have too much of one thing. Looks like we will have about 30 people (15 coaches).
Karen has reserved the meeting hall for our pot luck supper.

Tuga & Karen - chicken cordon bleu casserole
Clarke & Elaine - cheese cake lemon bars (dessert)
David & Denise - vegtable salad

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #82
chockwald

Clarke and Elaine - cheese cake lemon bars (dessert)

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #83
Neweller

Thumbs up

Wow, that is all I can say about how this rally is coming together. Looks as if everyone attending will be in for a great time.

This is the type of participation I only dreamed about after we went public with this forum.

Ken
ncadmin
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #84
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncadmin View Post
Wow, that is all I can say about how this rally is coming together. Looks as if everyone attending will be in for a great time.

This is the type of participation I only dreamed about after we went public with this forum.

Ken
ncadmin
Hi Ken, don't know where you live, but we would love to have you join us in Austin! It's going to be a great time; good food - good friends - and 15 beautiful Newells! How are you going to beat deal like that! Come on down!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 04-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #85
tuga

Default Invite some coachless friends...

You know, if any of you have a friend who doesn't own a Newell but are interested in learning more about them - invite them to the rally in Austin. We've got plenty of room. With so many knowledgeable Newell owners in one place, those guys & gals who are thinking of getting one of these beautiful coaches couldn't be in a better place to look around and talk to owners. Even if they own other brands like Blue Bird, Prevost, etc. come to our rally and learn about a Newell. You'll be glad you did.

How about it express1??????

April 19-23, 2009 @ LaHacienda RV Resort, Austin, Texas.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 AM   #86
Neweller

Red face

tuga,

I've been thinking about the option of attending the rally in Austin. I have recently started tearing into my Newell hoping to prepare it for sale, and it won't be ready for a trip to the rally. I kind of wish I would have not started repairs on it and just sold it as/is and let someone else earn their own sweat equity.
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #87
fulltiming

Ken, I attended a rally several years ago that due to distance and family medical issue precluded my opportunity to take my RV. I ended up flying in and staying in a hotel. It wasn't as good as attending in my coach but I had a great time and no one seemed to mind that I was staying off-site.

So if you can get there by air, car, truck or train, head on down to Austin.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:08 AM   #88
express1

Connie and I would love to join in and kick a few tires...
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:12 AM   #89
zcasa

David and Denise will bring vegetable salad.

Also, Tuga, with 30 people potentially for Happy Hour on the 19th, do we want to do it at Michael's Coach or do you want me to try and get the community hall? I'll be glad to call if you want me to? Also, if all would agree to bring an appetizer to share and BYOB that would be a great time to meet everyone and to hear a little bit about each family and coach. Can't wait. Clarke, count Denise and me in on the bike ride. Do you have a tandem that you and I could ride together? LOL. Would love to have Ken join us.
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:32 AM   #90
chockwald

David...great....I'm looking into a nice loop in the Lake Travis area. Not sure if the tandem will make the trip...still working on the logistics of which bikes will make the trip. I'll talk to Elaine about an appetizer for the happy hour on Sunday.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #91
zcasa

Hey Tuga:

Another idea might be for some of the senior members attending the rally would be to host a one hour or so of technical support. Many of us would gain better understanding of routine maintenance items, do it yourself projects etc. I know that this rally is for building relationships etc., but the one Newell sponsored rally that I attended, the one hour service forum was very helpful.

David
Old 04-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #92
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcasa View Post
David and Denise will bring vegetable salad.

Also, Tuga, with 30 people potentially for Happy Hour on the 19th, do we want to do it at Michael's Coach or do you want me to try and get the community hall? I'll be glad to call if you want me to? Also, if all would agree to bring an appetizer to share and BYOB that would be a great time to meet everyone and to hear a little bit about each family and coach. Can't wait. Clarke, count Denise and me in on the bike ride. Do you have a tandem that you and I could ride together? LOL. Would love to have Ken join us.
David,

That sounds bettter than meeting @ Michael's coach. If you can schedule the meeting hall that would be perfect. BYOB and some chips and dip would really make it nice. Let's do it.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 04-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #93
tuga

Quote:
Hey Tuga:

Another idea might be for some of the senior members attending the rally would be to host a one hour or so of technical support. Many of us would gain better understanding of routine maintenance items, do it yourself projects etc. I know that this rally is for building relationships etc., but the one Newell sponsored rally that I attended, the one hour service forum was very helpful.

David
David,

A mechanic's corner or tech support seminar would be a great idea. If anyone would like to do one just speak up. If the weather is nice it could be done right at the coach! Nothing like hands on explainations of how a system works or how to fix/replace a broken part. Any volunteers!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 04-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #94
fulltiming

Great idea David. There are a number of do-it-yourself types that will be attending. I think one or more technical roundtable discussions would be worthwhile. For most questions, there will likely be someone there with experience.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
Old 04-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #95
Richard and Rhonda

I am bringing a road bike but sun and Monday are the only two I'll have to ride. It's hillier than younwould think around austin. Leave the straight blocks at home
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #96
zcasa

Tuga, ok, here is what I did today. Spoke with Carl, of LaHacienda RV Park, and he advised us to use the clubhouse for our events. Evidently it has a nice covered deck and an 11x40 room that is heated/ac, full kitchen, rest room, chairs, couple of folding tables, tv, etc. Essentially the size of a Park Model type unit. He provided that to us for our entire stay at no charge to the Rally. So, we can choose any times that we would like for social gatherings, tech support seminar etc. While he personally will not be there during our stay, he is excited that we chose his Park and remembers setting this up at your request. You laid some excellent groundwork for us, and I have no doubt, this is why we are being treated very well. Thank you.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #97
encantotom

hi all,

darlene and i will do whatever potluck stuff is needed. i am there to be with you guys, not to go sight seeing.

as for tech sessions and help. everytime i have been with any of you guys it is one long tech session or fix it time. i have worked on michaels coach and he mine. it will be great to help each other with whatever needs done.

i love to talk about what i have fixed and or changed. which is a pretty long list i might admit.

i am really looking forward to this. wally and i are driving out together in our rigs and plan on being there sometime friday. i will be staying till the following thursday.

i will bring any spare parts i want to trade etc as well. my wife darlene makes the inside window shade screens, mirror covers and wiper covers and will bring some of them to peddle or horse trade as well. (they are as good or better than any online)

this should be a ton of fun.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #98
tuga

Quote:
Tuga, ok, here is what I did today. Spoke with Carl, of LaHacienda RV Park, and he advised us to use the clubhouse for our events. Evidently it has a nice covered deck and an 11x40 room that is heated/ac, full kitchen, rest room, chairs, couple of folding tables, tv, etc. Essentially the size of a Park Model type unit. He provided that to us for our entire stay at no charge to the Rally. So, we can choose any times that we would like for social gatherings, tech support seminar etc. While he personally will not be there during our stay, he is excited that we chose his Park and remembers setting this up at your request. You laid some excellent groundwork for us, and I have no doubt, this is why we are being treated very well. Thank you.
Great David the clubhouse sounds perfect for the pot luck dinner on Monday and the happy hour on arrival day - Sunday afternoon. We can have the tech support seminars there as well. Thanks for talking to Carl.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 04-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #99
fulltiming

When would be a convenient time for one or more technical workshop/seminars?

I suggest that on Sunday (Saturday if you arrive early), we have a list of those that have specific issues and see if someone either knows the answer or is willing to roll up their sleeves and see if they can help.

I will make copies of a couple of maintenance lists that I got from Newell. Obviously different drive trains have somewhat different requirements but it should be a starting place. If any of you with pre 1990 coaches happen to have a maintenance check list for your coach, bring it and I will make copies of it for others also.

We certainly welcome anyone who is interested to tour our coach. We have it pretty loaded since we live in it but come on over.

Michael
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
Old 04-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #100
encantotom

darlene and i will be going to church in the morning on sunday. so we will not be able to do anything till after lunch.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote