PDA

View Full Version : lived in coach vs. stored coach?

Baker
10-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I have been doing lots of reading... I used the search but didn't find anything on buying a coach that has been lived in full time vs. a coach that has been stored most of it's life. I have seen quite a few ads and talked with a number of people on coaches that have either been lived in or barely used...

I'm looking to buy... whats the better choice?

Cheers!!

fulltiming
10-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Pros and cons either way. A lived in coach may show more wear on the appliances, floor coverings and upholstery but a stored coach may have more issues that have not been addressed because no one is aware that things don't work. When we lived in our Newell full time, I was fixing things as they broke or ceased to function the way I expected. Now that we use it less often, I only find out when I take a trip in it those things that are in need of maintenance.

No simple answer. Either may be neglected and either may be well maintained.

NEWELLWIZARD
10-12-2012, 11:07 PM
I agree with fulltiming there are pros and cons to both. If you check the coach out well (even hire a professional) to come along you may feel more comfortable with a purchase. You'll be surprised by the difference you can see from a well cared for coach to a not so well cared for coach. Remember if it is pre owned like all used things it won't be prefect. But it's always important to know what you are buying before you buy. Worse case scenario you could end up with a blown engine right after you bring her home!

Baker
11-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks alot for the reply. I figured there wouldn't be a real simple answer just wanted to know others thoughts. Thanks again.

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
02-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Full time living is hard on a rig but a Newell coach is well built so if you pick a quality built coach the first time around you can't go wrong. :thumbsup: