PDA

View Full Version : Did this 1952 Flexible DayCoach Give Inspiration to the Early Newell Coach or Others?

Neweller
01-11-2013, 02:38 AM
Take a look at this Flexible DayCoach that was converted to a Land Yacht by Custom Coach Co. back in 1961. Do you see some similarities to the early Newell Coaches and some bus conversions? I sure do.

This coach has had some more current updates such as wiring, repainted original 534 V-8 engine, Flat TV's, front & rear AC systems, new fabrics on the Zip Dee Awnings, new wall to wall carpeting, 10k Kohler genny, 50 amp shore power, 22.5 Alcoa wheels, new tires, tinted & screened windows, and automatic transmission.

Some other notable features on this beautiful antique luxury coach are all the polished stainless side panels, chromed bumpers, Dupont Emron paint, extensive storage capability, with 2 full wardrobes, 11 large drawers, and double size slide-outs under each sofa. The walk in rear compartment is a combination of diamond plate and carpet, and is large enough to carry a motorcycle! There is a observation deck with access via the interior and exterior. Cool right?

This baby will effortlessly cruise at 65 mph. I really like it and can appreciate all the effort put into this beauty! It boast many modern day features found on today's luxury coaches.

Viva Las Vegas JDR
01-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Outstanding bus, Any more pictures?

Randy J
01-11-2013, 07:25 PM
That's a classic coach, a red beauty!

86loco
01-12-2013, 06:12 PM
What a beautiful classic and if this is not an inspiration to some, I don't know what it would take.

Ken, do you have an idea of what a classic coach like this would fetch? It does appear to have enough minimal changes, but enough to give it a nice pizazz.

JustDustin
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
The red and chrome pop. I'd like to see a classic Newell coach with a paint job like this one. It's very similar on the inside to a classic Newell. I would like to see more pictures if you have them. I really like this inspirations section of the forum I think it will help those who are looking to restore a Newell classic! :thumbsup:

rellick
01-13-2013, 02:17 AM
Very nice! kinda reminds me of the coach on the movie RV with Robin Williams. I asked my wife what our "family song" will be!lol!

Texas Pete
01-13-2013, 03:43 AM
Definitely a beautiful old coach and kind of makes a guy want to add one in his driveway for Sunday runs. Definitely some comparatable features to the early Streamline or Newell.

Ken you could probably do one of your engine upgrades on her.

I'd be curious to know what some like this would sell for as well. Any idea?

Neweller
01-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Brady, this baby brought a whopping $137,000 on the auction block. Sounds crazy to think something like this would bring more money than a late nineties Newell, right?

Keith, I'm thinking the bus on the movie "RV" might have been a Flexible bus, but didn't have a bunch of passenger windows? Let us know what the family song you two pick out.

Pete, the only way I wouldn't do the engine upgrade is if it lowered the $137,000 value down to $90,000 or something.:bandit:

folivier
01-14-2013, 02:07 AM
That was a Flxible on RV. Watched it the other night, still laughing.